Membership fees At the AGM it was tabled that we discuss an increase in subscription fees at a committee meeting in time for the new membership year on 1 July 2016. The membership has been $10 since 2006 with various costs increasing markedly since then it was agreed we needed to increase membership fees. We also discussed whether to offer associate membership for those who just want to get the newsletter and don’t necessarily wish to be active members. However, we decided to just have 2 levels of ordinary membership being $20 for a single and $25 for a family (those living under the same roof). This level of membership will allow us to pay increasing insurance, postal and other running costs.
Activities for rest of year
A proposed activity calendar was drawn up in order to be well organised and able to advertise our activities more widely in the hope of attracting some new membership.
March and April activities have already happened and are written up in this newsletter.
Proposed activities, and more details will appear in Newsletters and emails closer to events.
- May: Ross Cayley to give us a talk and a field trip. (See calendar at end of this newsletter for details)
- June: Park update from Dave and other staff.
- July: A bird outing, with Horsham Bird Observers club somewhere in the Park.
- August: Red Gum walk tidy up.
- September: A wildflower trip perhaps led by one of our local experts.
- October: AGM with a walk to Mt Rosea and hopefully with good weather we can have our meeting on site otherwise we will need to adjourn to a venue in Halls Gap.
- November: Denis Crawford 19th November to run an insect day at his property.
- December: It was suggested we have another try at a twilight picnic on Mt William in the hope of better weather.
What to do with the money we received from Friends of Zumstein
Received in 2010/2011 financial year. September 2011 we had decided to use the money for interpretive signage or some other distinctive use at Zumsteins. With the floods and the fire we never got round to finalising spending this money. It was suggested we look into erecting a board which has either birds, flowers or fungi of the area. If the money we were given is insufficient for this, the other suggestion was that there is nowhere to sit and rest along the Fish Falls walk and we may be able to put a seat along the track dedicated to the friends of Zumsteins.
FOGGs Facebook page
A facebook page has been setup in the hope of capturing an audience which use this form of communication. The page will be managed by Rodney and Margo. Its main purpose will be to be another avenue to advertise and report on our activities with the hope to gain membership from it.
Zumsteins History Book
Margo will write a book review on the book for our next newsletter.
Wendy and Rodney have put pegs in to mark photo points. Rodney has made the stands to sit on the star pickets to line up the spot for the photo shoot. Wendy needs to create a map with GPS points and write the instructions and send to the people who indicated they wanted to participate in this project.
Other points of discussion
It would be nice if we could wear badges when we are out doing activities to advertise that we are FOGGs.
Ben mentioned that there could be a proposal to produce a book on rock art sites and we may be able to help with publishing.