Our main item of business was deciding which of the many suggested activities for the year we would choose, and which month was the most suitable. We had decided at our November general meeting that it was a good idea to join with other groups interested in our unique environment, and this has happened on several dates this year.
Schedule of events is in the Calendar.
Another decision was to proceed with reprinting the book by the late Ian McCann “The Grampians in Flower”. Margo is exploring some options, but would love any help that members can contribute.
Other items included
- Discussion of what topics we would like to discuss when the committee has a meeting with Parks staff on 20 Feb (just too late for this newsletter. Report next time.)
- Discussion of what activities of other groups should be emailed to FOGGs members (decided that three committee members to agree on each case).
- Members will be encouraged to sign up and Bill is the person who will edit our site, all activities to be posted through the secretary.
- Margo to write a letter/ card to David Handscombe on behalf of FOGG.
- Our finances are pretty healthy and we received a surprise gift of $250 from the Australian Field Naturalists Network after a visit to the park, much appreciated. We still have funds earmarked for a seat along the walk from Zumsteins to McKenzie Falls, and of course the Ian McCann book project won’t be cheap.
- We have been given two books for our library: “Tree walk in Drouin”, gift of a visitor to our area, and a personal memoir of Chataqua Peak by Marian Colton