Parks Victoria is excited to share dates and locations of upcoming community engagement activities for the Grampians Landscape Management Plan review.
The new management plan will underpin strategic planning for the Grampians landscape over the next 15 years to ensure that precious environmental and cultural values of this iconic landscape are preserved for future generations to enjoy.
Those interested in the Grampians landscape are invited to take part in a community workshop through September 2019. Workshop dates and locations are as follows:
- Halls Gap workshop, Thursday, 5 September 2019, 6.30-8.30pm
- Laharum workshop, Tuesday 10 September 2019, 6.30-8.30pm
- North Melbourne workshop, Thursday 12 September 2019, 6.00-8.00pm
- Halls Gap drop-in, Tuesday 17 September 2019, 12.00-3.00pm
- Dunkeld workshop, Tuesday 17 September 2019, 6.30-8.30pm
- North Melbourne workshop, Thursday 19 September 2019, 6.00-8.00pm
At the workshops, participants will learn about the management planning process, explore the challenges and opportunities for managing this highly valued landscape for the next 15 years and share their knowledge of the area. Venue sizes are limited, and RSVPs are essential. To RSVP, please visit engage.vic.gov.au/grampians-management-plan
A Stakeholder Reference Group has been established and will act as a key source of stakeholder input. The group is comprised of a range of interests, including conservation, tourism and recreation, to ensure that the park is protected and enjoyed by future generations.
As a key stakeholder, we encourage you to share this information with your networks. We have prepared the attached Briefing Pack to support you. It includes social media posts, newsletter templates and frequently asked questions.